1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International Winter Road Congress

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Neige, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Well, Im back and it was an interesting day. Met people from all around the world who do snow. Europe sure has some amazing equipment, and so are the price tags. So we stop at the Canadian pavilion and while I am listening to a guest speaker, I notice this huge picture of a loader and blower at work. I could not believe my eyes, it was our equipment. Someone must have taken the picture this past December, it was pretty cool.

quebec2010 004.jpg
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How much did you charge for use of the picture?
  4. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

thats something to be proud of...congrats
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I'm looking at the pic and the snow flying through the air , looks to me like its NOT coming from your blowers stack.

But congrats on the pic.
  6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Did they or are they going to give you that picture? I would have asked...:nod:
  7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Cool catch Paul! But is that event competing with "Entre Neige" in any way?
  8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

He probably signed up all the vendors for the next "Entre Neige"....:D
  9. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

they could ask before printing the pic
  10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

im not sure what the technical term is, but to throw the snow farther they use the holysh*t chute.

congrats on the pic, many of our dreams right there.
  11. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Ya it's meant to be like that to cast the snow. Instead of passing through a great big long chute with lots of friction and bends and turns it simply flies out of a small chute right off the imperlor. This is often used at snow dumps where blowers are strictly used for casting they don't even have a big long chute to load trucks.... Lucky Neige has both options prsport

12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I thought about it, but really what am I going to do with a pic that big.

Not really, there were booths from all around the world, and its really geared to dots and munis, my show is greared to the contactor.
    Thats exactly why I went, signed on 15 new exhibitors. My goal is to have more than 75 this year.
    Thats right, when we stack and there is space we blow right out the side, the drum around the impeller rotates, so you can blow left or right. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSAd3HjE5tI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSAd3HjE5tI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  13. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

O-BOY I can go back to bed (I learned something new, my day is complete)