1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International Truck Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JCPM, Mar 18, 2009.

1. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I have an 88' International S1600 that I am fixing up and am having problems with the steering. When I bought it the master cylinder was shot so I drove it back to my shop without any brakes. The steering worked fine. After I replaced the master cylinder I lost the steering altogether, (steering fluid reservoir was dry). I know that the brakes and the steering share the same vacuum booster but I don't know why I lost all of the steering fluid. This truck doesn't have a single leak on it so it couldn't have gone anywhere else. I jacked the truck up and bleed the steering as best that I can but can't seem to get all of the air out of the system. Any help would be much appreciated. I am new to these International trucks.