1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International Plow Mount ID

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gmcsierra1500, Dec 3, 2015.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Can anyone tell me what type of plow mounts to this mount? The truck has central hydraulics and obviously had a plow but there are no additional mounting points anywhere on the front of or underneath the truck. Any ideas? Also there are no markings on the mount controls or electrical connection.

1122151624.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sure looks like it's missing the lower mount to me

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Might be the kind where the push beam connects to the front axle.

4. B80MACK

B80MACK Junior Member

It could be something like a Monroe hitch. The head gear can be removed in the off season. In Mass the head must be removed after winter or you can be rejected for an inspection sticker. We had frames on our municipal trucks that the head gear would pin on the plate you have then would go under the truck to the front axle. The channels would go under the axle and a plate would go over the axle and bolted with springs holding tension to allow some movement of plow frame. They made plenty of noise when you hit a pothole with no plow on the truck. It was like a brand new truck in the spring when the frame was removed.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Pushing against the axle apparently works but it raises my eyebrow.

6. B80MACK

B80MACK Junior Member

The bumper Mount takes most of the abuse we never had any axle problems. I had trucks hit something so hard that I would have to take the plow off the truck and bring it back to the yard on flat bed. The frame on the truck would be fine so I would put a spare plow on the truck and it would be off to hit something else. Lol

7. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Thank you for the replies, I knew it was a municipal blade but was having a hard time finding a hitch that mounted with the two pins. When I took off the last landscapers lettering the other night I noticed the truck used to be owned by Alan Steimans Landscape. Then I found this picture of the truck with what looks like an Everest RM poly series plow. Still cant figure out which hitch the mount uses thou, the closest thing I can find is the PT LM hitch for a C5500, does this look right?

1374134_564271136973372_1785994703_n.jpg

539791_564271096973376_2097200024_n.jpg

8. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

I was gonna say possibly a western. I had that exact truck and loved plowing with it.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does the truck have the build sticker on the door jam? Glove box? Or anywhere?

10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Call up steinmans and ask what they had on it I use to see that truck a lot .