1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International or ford

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KDMAINT, Jan 11, 2005.

KDMAINT Junior Member

Looking into buying a large dump truck 26000gvw would like some views on what other poeple are happy with or have had good luck with in regardes mostly to reliablty curently doing all plowing and salting with 1 ton trucks truck would get part time work all summer also stick verse auto what are others using also my meyer break downs have been pretty good this year 1/2 warranty 1/2 not the stuff just isnt holding up possably going to look at blizzard plows any comments thier any info is greatly app.
  2. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I know if I don't say it someone else will....long ass run on sentence there.

Oh and have you looked at the Kodiak or Top Kicks (7500). I looked at a 4500 crew with dually bed before deciding it was a lil too big for a daily lol. The ultimate would be a 8500 Crew Cab Tandem.

Here's the 4500 Crew 4x4

Plow Truck

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  3. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  4. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

5. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

KDMAIN--seeing You have Asked?--Ole Retired TRUCKER--I would GO a Little Heavyer--Lightest DUTY You can GET w/Air Brakes!-- I prefer the FORD POWER STROKE as INT De-tunes most of thier Diesel Engines--also I*D GO the Next Step UP! in H.P--over whats offered as Standard? & Diffintley w/ a STICK--& two Speed Rear!--another Advantage!--Next Size larger Tires!--say 1000s--over the Low Pros!--Better Every Thing! Milage--Fuel & Tires-- but All the Opitons? are Personal--& Seeing Your Gonna be Plowing Sanding & hauling Gravel--Order a CLEAN Interior!--No Fancy Stuff!--Rubber Floor Matt--rather than Carpet!--Vynal--Low Back Seats--rather than Cloth! & Hi Backs--but Get All the Gages they Will Install!--& Engine starting Aids!--& the MAKE is Up to YOU! as Its Your BABY!--Get What YOU Really LIKE!--but the Above Will Save YOU some Big BUCKS in the Long RUN!--Ole JIM--
  6. cc2004

cc2004 Member

How do you get pictures on to this sight.Eveytime i try it says my the size of my pics are to big :confused:
  7. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

When you are posting.....click the insert image button then do as it says. I link from other pics on other sites so that is how it posts. You kinda need them on the net in the first place. The second pic I tried posting but did not work was cause the extension was wrong and wasn't a jpg. So you would do