1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International Hough 90 wheel loader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Scottscape, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

We reconditioned this baby and added it to our shelf. 24 v system. Repacked a few cylinders has 70% tread. added new light, alternator. fixed heater core. sanded and painted and of course a couple decals. We moved this baby from Iowa 42k lbs.

loader before.jpg

2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I assume you do mostly residential work?

That is one monster machine.

6. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

That's sweet great job

7. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

...more like sidewalks! :drinkup:
    Thing is huge!

8. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Good lord, that thing is a monster

9. SnoMan19

SnoMan19 Member

That thing is a monster.Thumbs Up

10. braceyaself

braceyaself Member
    from ct

thats sick!! Iv always wanted to work on those monster's what a great looking machine! What kind of job site will that be on?

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Awesome!!!

12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Working on a similiar probject, doesn't need quite as much though. Bought a Fiat Allis 745, didn't need anything mechanically believe it or not, touched up some of the paint, still needs more touch up & interior insulation replaced, the foam was shot, but that stuff is cheap & has to wait till next summer. Couple other minor things. Like yours it is a monster 40+k lbs, 200+ HP, fuel tank holds I believe 88 gallons, & I'm sure it will like its fuel. It is alot better than a payment on a new one though, I have two of those that is more than enough.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice loader, it looks great. What year is it?

14. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

That thing is sharp you guys did a very nice job i really want to do that to the loader we have over the summer! Gotta love the old equipment

15. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

late 70's early 80's. has an air wiper that runs off the compressor. everything works.

16. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice machine! Where are you going to be parking it and what kind of motor is in it?

17. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Similar size to the 644JD I ran for 2-3 years. We ran a 16' box on that, handled it no problem at all. What size of box are you running on it?

18. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

We have a couple of 97 Cat 769D rock trucks at work that have the air wipers, so there still used on some modern machines. I'd say that loader is older than you realize. Iooks early 70's.

19. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Love it! I bet you can hear it running from a mile away.

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I drive a 1984 GMC General once in a while that has air wipers. Does the loader have air brakes to? The old CAT 966 I ran had air brakes.