1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International Harvester stater

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Fordistough, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Does anyone have a 70's International Harvester pickup? I think my stater (The little metal box that attaches to the firewall) is going bad. When I bought the truck, they said that they had many problems with the stater, and had to keep replacing it, but they had thought they fixed it now. I have had the truck for 4 months with no problem. The problem is that it will just quit everyonce in a while and not start. It does not allow power to the distributer.

ANY HELP APPRIECIATED!

-Thann

2. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

I had the same problem with my 1985 F-250 pickup, My truck would just cut out while driving down the road. But I was able to shift into netural and it would start right back up again. Somes the truck would not stall out at all or up to four times in a day :gunsfiring: :realmad: . I replaced both the selnoid and the stater. Check out autozone you might be able to get it from them, the parts range goes back to the 1920's. hope this helps.