1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International 4900 plow/vbox truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by srl28, Mar 2, 2016.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Putting the feelers out there for someone. Truck is a 1994 International 4900 29,500gvw, auto and hydraulic brakes with about 300k original miles. 466 motor, Alison trans. Needs new rear tires. Truck never saw snow/salt. Was a box truck that was built into a dedicated snow and salt truck. Will come with a 10' Western unimount plow. Also has a 10' Swenson Gas 5 yard spreader mounted directly to the truck frame. Spreader has a new floor, new bed chain, bearings, clutch, and rebuilt spinner shaft, bearings, etc. Truck starts and runs great, even in below zero temps. Zero rust on the frame whatsoever. Trying to gauge interest at this point but it is essentially for sale. Truck was built as a snow only truck and never used, all set up and ready to go. Truck is located in North Jersey. Road worthy but will need new tires soon, hold air fine but low tread. Have more pictures I can send. Open to offers.

international plow.jpg

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I'll start the bidding, $2500

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'll bite. 3000

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

$2,499.00......

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'll go $3100.00

6. Mark Oomkes

$2,495.00......

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

What is this Mark? A dutch auction???

8. Mark Oomkes

$2,250 and no higher............

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

You're doing it wrong

10. Mark Oomkes

$2,000.00......

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You need some more pics, It does not look complete, ready for service. Which may be no big deal but at least can see what it will need. From what I'm seeing it will not pass NYSI. Nice Truck

12. Mark Oomkes

$1,750.00......

13. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Should have know what kind of seller this is when he says "just putting feelers out there". That means if someone is crazy enough to give me $20k, I'll sell it.

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Just think he is not one here as much as some
    I spoke to him about another truck he was very realistic
    Maybe he isn't married so he had a life besides plow site

15. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

How has it never seen snow or salt?

16. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

If he really wanted to sell he would know what it's worth or not act like he don't. Anybody interested is going to want to know what he wants or will move on or shoot low offers at him.

It's still just a medium duty IHC a dime a dozen. No central hyd. or PTO, Gas spreader and plow. Not exactly the most desirable set up. Would I like to add it, Yes, Would I pay a premium, No. Labor to add spreader to chassis is minimal.

I know exactly what I would pay for it I also would not need the plow with it. I would say with a little luck he might get $5500.00 to $6000. He had some offers above to help his feelers. Lets see if he wants to sell at a reasonable amount.

466 series with 300k miles are prone to wet sleeve issues. Not a huge deal but will need a in frame if problem occurs.

17. Mark Oomkes

It doesn't have eyes............

18. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

LOL yeah probably

19. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Im not interested but if I were you Id be happy with $5,000 after this winter, at this present time, with those miles.