1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

international 4900 heater work in hi speed only

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bob00, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

hi,

my international 4900 heater work in hi speed only do i have to change the fan motor or there is a resistor pack somewhere

note that i did not check yet i just want to know before i start working on it

thanks

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I bet on resistor

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

High speed only is a resistor. Tell me what year and I can tell you where it is.

4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks its a 98

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Clark..are you an International wiz or just have the same truck?
    Steve

6. clark lawn

from NE ohio

Im a mechanic at an International dealer.

7. clark lawn

from NE ohio

Ill look it up tomorrow, I can't get the older stuff to open on my computer, may have to use an actual book. I can tell you that it in an air duct I just can't remember exactly where. I don't get to do much easy stuff like that.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Clark,
    Would you know where to find the reverse light switch on an allison trans in an older S 1900 series truck?
    TIA,
    Steve

9. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

i am not sure about your truck steve but i know some alison have the nsbu ( neutral start back up ) switch on the driver side and it should look like this

[​IMG]

10. clark lawn

from NE ohio

Bob, the resistor should be on the inboard side of the blower motor housing, between the blower and the dog house. It is a half moon shaped with an electric plug on it.

Extreem can't help you with that one. We rarely get anything that old in. All the newer ones run all the lights through the body controller.

11. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks a lot clark btw do you know wath can cause fuel leak in coolant ?

i got to drain the coolant thank sometime cause it got full of fuel dealer tell me i could be injector cup and they say its a 5k job cause they have to pull the head out ????

the engin is a dt 466e 98

thanks

12. clark lawn

from NE ohio

Most likely that's what it is.