1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International 4800 For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dyoung, Oct 27, 2011.

1. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

1990 International 4800 4 x 4 dump for sale 75,000+ miles, DT466 with mechanical injection, five speed, new tires,new rear air chambers,good overall truck. missing front driveshaft, 4 rear leafs cracked, core support and cab rusty. has rear pintle hitch, and large highway plow. Runs great, Excellent parking lot truck.
    First $7800.00 or possible trade for skid steer, mini excavator, wheel loader.

Call 412-445-2413 David

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2645882433.html

2. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

Price lowered to $5000.00

3. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Your link to the craigslist add dose not work.

4. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

5. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

This still for sale

6. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

Still for sale

7. fireboy6413

Is it at all road worthy, does it require cdl. Hows the dump on it. Besides the rust and sprind anything else wrong or need repair

8. fireboy6413

Any pics of the plow

9. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

cdl truck runs drives stops just not legal without repairs, no pics of plow just fits inside of bed diagonally manual angle with cast iron wheels probably 11' plow bed floor and cross members very good

10. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

what do you think would cost for repairs? any ideas? other than listed repairs will pass inspection?

11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

new springpacks are about 1600 installed around my way.

12. fireboy6413

whats up with the front drive shaft being removed

13. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

To many variables for overall cost of repairs new parts used parts show truck plow truck. The new spring price is comparable in western pa. Front driveshaft was missing when I acquired truck. This year truck had a change in driveshaft styles single ujoint to double ujoint. The single ujoint style would break and was to be replaced with double ujoint style. As the truck siits I am selling it as a Lot or off road truck.

14. fireboy6413

My question is have you ever got a price to make the truck road worthy again, or what does it need to be road worthy. Just a set of springs. Or and a new cab and more

15. dyoung

dyoung Junior Member

No I have not got a price to make it for road use. It will at least need springs repaired or replaced, work to rockers,floors,cab mounts or replace, core support repair or replace, frame behind the cab has been previously plated. Other than those items I do not know of anything else.