1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

International 4300 boss plow mount?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lashom35, Jan 26, 2015.

1. lashom35

lashom35 Junior Member

Will a boss mount for ford 350/550 (lta03654c) fit a 2005 International 4300? We don't want to run the suggested mount (lta06400) because you are limited to running the 10' municipality plow. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

You would have to fab something.. a 10foot is all I would want to run on a truck like that. It will tear up smaller plows. What are you thinking, a 7.5 straight blade? Lol

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

There is a company here that runs 9'ers on a lot of their trucks that size, I'd think there would be some fab involved..........

4. lashom35

lashom35 Junior Member

I was thinking something slightly larger than a seven footer!! If anyone has any pics of their fab work or insight on what needs to be done to get the frame rails to match up with the mount please let me know.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

You will fold up anything smaller than the municipal. The trucks are just too heavy

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Tell Landscape Design and their 15-20 trucks that. A 4300 doesn't weigh all that much more than a one ton diesel pickup with an overloaded salt spreader in it..................

7. alldayrj

Are you sure because my 4300 weighs 16000 empty, and it wont push snow empty. I used to have a boss 9' on a chevy c60 that turned into a pretzel and that truck only weighed 13000 empty.

Whos landscape design?

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Landscape Design is a large been around for a long time company in Holland MI. I've been here since 98 and they had an army of trucks back then. They run simple landscape flat beds that are open, no obvious weight back there - and yes they spin the crap out of the tires at times. They don't go zooming around the parking lots, they just get it done.

I don't have any weigh slips but I remember my 4300 with a 10' dump bed scaling at 15 or so empty. My one ton weighs about 9, add the plow and a two yard spreader....... pretty close, and there's probably 10-15 of those combos running around just here in town.

Now if you're running around with a 7yd spreader back there and banging curbs, a 10' vee will get torn up...

LDS has been doing this for some time, they do it better than most in this town. There must be a reason why the light trucks and 9'ers. I do know that they were one of the people that tested the DXT before it was released though.

We have a new Freightliner M2, it will have a 10 on it so that you can cover the track width easier. I just looked up weights and sizes - 9' weighs 925, 10' weighs 1205 - but 10' is 5" taller so all the added weight isn't in the beef (comparing steel to steel).

The disadvantage of the 10' is the mount is different, you can't swap out a spare 9' plow you have in the shop when problems occur.

9. alldayrj

Can it be done. Yes

Is the coolest dude in holland mi doing it. Apparently.

But will an off the shelf kit from a ford fit an international? No.

10. lashom35

lashom35 Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies. I hate to run a plow that's specific to one truck but it sounds like it may come down to that. This is our liquid salt truck and it's always fully loaded. The truck would only be used as a back up plow truck or for long roadways initially. But I can see where it would destroy a lighter duty plow with that kind of weight behind it. I had the intention of running a 10' V.