1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

international 234

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm looking at a internation 234 4x4 hydro,1100hrs, made by Mitsubishi...about 18HP. anyone know anything good or bad about these? does International support the parts end of the deal well?
  2. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

mitsubishi mt180hmd

I just sold my mitsu last sept after 19 years of blowing snow , 50 inch farm king blower,
    tough little machine .With the stock battery it would not start at 5 degree farenheit
    but fixed that with a car battery (full size for a 350 cu in gas engine) lots of space up front .
    Ran fuel conditioner in the fuel always and would start at -25 degree farenheit ( 10 to 15 seconds on glow plugs )
    I had a problem with the light switch not working on low beam and ignition switch
    freezing constantly(used paint can size lock deicer). Seat crapped cheap vinyl and foam
    held water and steel seat body rusted out . Had fender rust through near the rear marker lights . I did not like the neutral start switch location for the wire placement always in snow and ice (mounted on the hi low shift lever just behind the drivers left heel) Diff lock hard to engage with boots ( space too narrow)

3. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

I purchased a parts catalog and repair manual from
    Valley Power Products in Roanoke VA contact person Bill Rogers
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

any thought on a Ford 1210 4x4 diesel? both of these tractors are priced around $4000