1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

internal pump or mod needed for 30yr. old plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gary Alford, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Gary Alford

Gary Alford Junior Member
    from Mi.

I have a older plow that has been mouted on a tractor that I beleve came off a 1978 dodge 4x4 trk. It worked fine for several yrs., then the pump gears broke,the bushings are wore out. I can't seem to find the castiron 4-bolt that was on it. Is it possible to use a W-49211 pump kit with a newer style motor? note the old motor had a metal seperator plate and coupler between the motor and pump. Also will the 2 bolts and O-ring work on this old style unit? the old pump used a larger O-ring where it mounted. This was a 7ft 6'' plow 1.5" shaft.,thanks:)
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

you have to change the motor and pump ,throw away the spacer plate ,work's like a champ .
  3. Gary Alford

Gary Alford Junior Member
    from Mi.

Ancient Pump

Thanks Bill,I thought that might work,seems not many people around know of these older units.