1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intermittent Problem!!! NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rhanghian, Dec 11, 2010.

1. rhanghian

rhanghian Junior Member
    from Iowa

:mad:I took my Super Duty into the shop the other day becuz it wasnt functioning properly. First it was raising really slowly then it just stopped raising altogether. So my first thought was electrical. The shop took the connectors apart and said they had to "spread" open some of the ends but the wiring seemed fine. Along with that they said that my screens were full with basically sludge like the fluid had never been changed. The fluid looked like chocolate milk. I changed the fluid 3 times last year though and put brand new connectors on everything (had a dealer do it). I picked up the truck and after $250.00 the plow seemed to be functioning as I remember. It's now a couple days later and I'm heading out to plow and the plow isnt moving again!!!!!

So my question is this---

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?? i didnt disconnect the plow from when i picked it up from the shop.

Also, what could have caused the "sludge"/ milky fluid???? want to make sure I stay on top of any potential problems.

Thanks everyone for any help.

Ryan

2. rhanghian

rhanghian Junior Member
    from Iowa

Also, had the battery and alternator tested out--- everything checked out good.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Three fluid changes in one season? :eek: What are you using for fluid? Same fluid every time?

What is the age of the plow?

4. rhanghian

rhanghian Junior Member
    from Iowa

No. I changed the fluid for the start of the season, then had a hose blow first time out. Had it replaced and blew the other hose as soon as i went back out. Bad deal.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Blowing hoses and refilling doesn't directly constitute as fluid change. :D

Again what is the age of the plow?

6. rhanghian

rhanghian Junior Member
    from Iowa

Plow is 3yrs old and regularly serviced @ and authorized Boss dealer.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And what does the fluid look like now? If it looks bad again (already) then one of the packings is coming apart in one of the rams.