1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intermittent plow operation

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Wayne G, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Wayne G

Wayne G Junior Member

I have a 29 series plow # 9029100314 with remote operation. When it works it works great, but sometimes won't do anything, which is right now. I've replaced batteries in remote, checked ground connections, fuses and power to motor. All look OK. It's like it has a mind of it's own! I have a gut feeling it's the reciever, because when it works all 4 operations work off the remote. Anyone have suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

Make sure your power connection is good and tight between your truck and plow. I had a buddy have problems with it connecting, he cleaned it out and made sure it was getting a good and tight connection. Get some di-electric grease to put on there to stop corrosion.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does it happen in the same place? could be interference. Do the control lights flash when you ask it to function? Check your power connections, if you can when it quits working check to see if you are getting power to the 12volt motor solin. What kind of shape is your battery in. Sometimes too little amperage will cause them to "stall"

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

when you turn on the controller do you wait for the lights to flash? i had a customer that had a problem and it only would give him trouble if he didnt wait for the lights to flash :confused: IDK you got me. we changed ou the brain box and the remote that was kinda weird

5. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

better yet...check your wires were the fuses connect too......there are 2 fuses, 1 fuse connects to a tan color wire..(believe its the 3amp fuse) the shroud/plastic loom that "protects" the wires leading to the fuse holder...actually eats away at the wire were it comes threw the shroud/plastic loom..

6. Wayne G

Wayne G Junior Member

Plows Working!....and I have no idea why. First of all, I'm retired from owning an automotive shop for 37 years, so I don't consider myself mechanically stupid. Messed with connections, grounds, batteries etc,etc and it just started to work. The problem is , I'd like to SEE the reason & WHY. Secondly, I can't believe the camaraderie you guys have and would like to thank those who responded.
    Thanks again----Wayne G

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I agree :nod: have you tried pearcelawn's suggestion post #9

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=58564

There are some other good advice in this post and the one it references as well