1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intermittant Power Loss

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by llarry1, Nov 1, 2004.

1. llarry1

llarry1 Junior Member

I have a 1999 Ford F350 with the 7.3 liter diesel in it. Recently I have had a problem with power loss. I can be driving down the road at 65MPH and all of a sudden I loss power and can sometimes get 45MPH out of it. I took the truck in to a Ford Dealership and after 6 hours of work they said that the back pressure sensor was defective. * hours later and a $400.00 bill, I was told my truck would be fine. Two days later the very same thing happened while driving. What I have discovered is that if I shut the truck off and restart it she runs fine. Then the problem may reoccur two or several days later. Has anyone experienced a similar situation and found a fix ??

I would apperciate any info.

Larry :waving:
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Go to TheDieselStop.com if this probelm exsists with anyone else it will be posted there.

Good luck my friend
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Have someone check the throttle position sensor. I have a buddy that has 2 dodge cummins & they go bad periodically. If you haven't changed the fuel filter lately then now might be a good time?