1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interment panel problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by emtmike, Dec 9, 2013.

1. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

Just bought a 2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 EXT cab. It has 80K on it. 6.0L. It worked great all the way home then I stopped to let the wife pee, I know mistake, and when I started it back up none of the gauges are working. The spedo and tac work but that’s it. The seat belt and ABS light are on. The temp and oil pressure and the other gauges will not work. I am thinking a fuse????? Any thoughts?

2. kheron

kheron Junior Member
    from 49307

Common problem on those trucks for the dashboards to fail, but usually none of the gauges work. The circuit board in dash opens causing the gauges to stop working. When it happened on one of my trucks I would hit the top of the dash and it would start working again. If all the lights come on on the dash and all the gauges start reading weird values, that means your dash has lost communication with the other computers on the network.