1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intermediate Steering shaft

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Just had mine replaced under the TSB. Man what a difference, no more knocking in the wheel at all.

2. Lake2LakePlowin

Lake2LakePlowin Junior Member

hi

i was just leting you know your not the only one having that problem. i just had it fixed on my truck too. have a good winter.

3. twodan

twodan Member

getting the shaft

just wait about another 8k miles, you'll need it again. went thru 2 on my 99. from then on in, it was just greased by the dealer. now, i too had one replaced on my 05, and it does feel like the front end was rebuilt. i'll be curious to see what happens next time i need one. truck's still in warranty, and i bot the extended too. i have used the same dealer since 99, so they may be more forgiving.

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Got mine done yesterday and it made a world of a difference. I just hope it doesn't happen again!

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Put me on that list! Still love the truck tho!