1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interior lights ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by vmj, Dec 22, 2015.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have a 07 3500 ram with just the head liner dome light,no under dash lights... How can I find a wire under dash to add lights, and have them go on when door is opened?
    Thanks,

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you pry back the rubber boot going between the cab and the door, there's a wire in there that activates the dome lights. Splice a wire in and there's your power supply line.

3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Can you wire into your trailer break wires? Turn on the lights and take your voltage tester to see which one is hot. I'm not 100% if it will work, but worth a shot.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Like posted look for the wires in kick panel.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I will have to do some pokeing around..... im waiting for a new LED bulb to come in for the dome light... I want to see how bright that is first before I cut into any wires.....

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

The led upgrades are worth it. I did them in my half ton

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I hope soooooo. lol

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I had no issues till I put a led 3rd brake light on. Now I have to put a resistor in it keeps the exterior lights at a dim glow

9. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Well I have the dome and 2 front map lights but I can say the led's are the best cheapest interior mod I have done!! They are awesomely bright! I can actually see on my floor at night.. Dont have a before pic but believe me when I say it was about as bright as having 2 candles in there.

[​IMG]