1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interior Lights Stay On, 98 Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by theguynextdoor, Feb 10, 2009.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I did a search for this problem but didn't find anything too helpful. This is in my 98 dodge ram 2500 extended cab. I relplaced the door jamb switches. The interior lights (upper console on the sealing and dome light) won't turn off. I have checked the fuses. Any ideas where I should check for problems?

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Not to be a smart a** but have you checked the switch to make sure it is not in the on position?

3. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

haha YES, I have checked the switch. I have had the problem for a few weeks now and havn't had a chance to take a look untill recently. Could it be a relay or something like that? Is it possible that the switch is broken and when I turn the lights off they stay on? Seem's more of an issue with the truck thinking the door is open or something like that.

4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

power isgetting to the circuit, do you have a manual to check the electrical circuit and what could be crossing into it. Are you sure that plow wiring harness hasnt somehow tapped into it. Just my,02cents worth

5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I'm too sure about the dodges. It sounds as though it has a continuous power source. Might try just changing the fuse to see if that helps.