1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOOFSPLOW, Nov 7, 2003.

WOOFSPLOW Member

Does anybody have auxiliary interior lighting that they use in their trucks? I have a small goose neck cig. lighter one but I would like to have better overall interior lighting. Perhaps a higher wattage bulb in overhead? Any ideas? Thanks:D
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I use those round plastic dome lights like they use in the police cars,and taxis.Plenty of light,just not too pretty to look at.

If you want something nice,check some of the van and truck shops.They have lots of nice overhead lighting.

WOOFSPLOW Member

Thanks wyldman, I saw a few in the J.C. Whitney catalog I may go that route
  4. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I'll have to look at that for my spreader control. I was surprised that it didn't have any back lighting.
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I use one of those little neon glow map lights in the cig lighter to illuminate the spreader and plow controls.They don't get hot,and cast a soft dull light.
  6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

interior lighting

THe interior lighting in my Dodge is pretty good . THe days of dark interiors seem pretty much gone
  7. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

ISnt the snow you're pushin outside the truck?

Just kidding! :D

Truckstops carry small Stick on lights quite cheap that have built in switches. the whole light is maybe 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch, not real bright to annoyy when driving either.
  8. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

If your looking for a soft light take the cover off your interior light and paint the inside with red nail polish. It is transparent and not a whole lot of reflection at night on the windows. and you can see the interior very well.