1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interior and Cargo Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Jun 12, 2008.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I just picked up my '02 2500. I can't get the bed cargo lights or the interior lights to come on for the life of me. I know they worked when I test drove the truck. I played with the cargo light override switch by the light switch and everything. What am I missing?:confused:

2. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

If you hit the main override switch then they should work.

Maybe try turning the light dimmer dial all the way up. I believe once the dial is turned all the way up, it clicks and turns on all the interior lighting as well as the cargo light.

maybe a fuse?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Did you buy it at a dealer? If so just bring it back and tell them to fix it.

4. DeereFarmer

I turn the dimer all the way up and played with the override switch. I'm going to check the fuses. I did buy it froma dealer, but it's 50 miles away, so I'd just rahter fix it myself if I can.

5. roteye38

roteye38 Member

my 93 had the same problem it was the driver side door plunger or switch what ever you what call it the door chime didnt work neither till changed both sides everthing worked after that

6. DeereFarmer

My door chime doesn't work either. I never noticed it until you poited it out. The security light comes on in the message board and when I press the button for the interior dome to come on, the message board says cargo light on. I'll have to look into the switch when I get some time.

7. DeereFarmer

I noticed today that my door chime does indeed work. I havn't even had a second to look at fuses or anything like that.

8. DeereFarmer

I started working on this today (yeah I'm busy. First day off in 3 weeks). Is there a specific fuse that I should check? Would it be in the engine bay compartment or in the compartment to the left of the steering wheel? While pulling fuses that might have something to do with it, I pulled the daytime running light fuse. I put it back in, but don't have any daytime runnning lights now. WTF! Do i have to reset something? I hate DRL, but what did I do?

9. DeereFarmer

Got the DRL working again. I gues the fuse wasn't pushed back in all the way or something. The truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for new U joints and they're going to take a look at the light issue.

10. DeereFarmer

Finally got this all straightened away. Turned out to be a fuse in the engine bay. That and new U joints and the truck is as good as new.