1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by veggin psd, Oct 29, 2008.

1. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Last summer, I came across an ad in a farm magazine for a retread company. I thought this might be of interest to guys on Plowsite.....

These tires are impregnated with a traction material. I think I am going to send a set of BFG AT KO's I have in the tire rack in the shop and have him retread them. They are 285/75/16 and are 10 ply load range E. I would be more comfortable having my own casings back.

Can't beat the price and have a warrenty. What do you guys think?

http://treadwright.com/images/Ultra Grip_Ultra Grip.pdf

http://treadwright.com/Tires-285_75R16_ATB_ULTRA-P49.aspx

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Are those prices on there for retread or for a full tire thats been retreaded?

3. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Its for a finished tire, plus shipping.

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Several guys currently running them. Had a brief discussion on them a couple months back in a tire thread. Treadwright

6. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I ordered a set of the Ultra-Grips today and will put them on some steel wheels for plowing only. He is shipping 10 ply load range E BFG casings. I will keep everyone posted.....

Wow, like half the price of new BFG AT's payup

7. siewertenterpri

siewertenterpri Junior Member

Did you get your tires? What do you think of them? My buddy got a set for his truck and they had good year tread on bfg sidewalls.

8. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

Yeah, I'd like to hear about your tires. I was looking at that co. a few weeks back but I ended up getting a different set for my jeep. I could use a new set for another truck

9. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have used a set of treadwright tires for the past six seasons. I have 235-85-16 ultragrip Michelin tires with no problems. I'll be getting another set from them for next season.