1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting snow plow vid.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Wesley's Lawn, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

2. payton

payton Senior Member

multi use i like it. at least its not sittin all winter waiting for concrete to be put down.. the owner is multi using his vehicles props to him.

3. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Plow and salt!

Hey, Load the barrel with salt, Unfold the chute and lower it to the left. That way you could salt down the middle of the road as you plow! And the driver can watch both the salt and plow at the same time. Think about it, Hippy

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looked like he was kicking the piss outa his truck.d0od was flying for no reason.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Some where I saw a picture of a mixer with some sorta spreading attachment on the end of the shoot. I know you can get the mixer boys around here to deliver gravel in the mixers for placement in trenches. We also have used them with the FD to prove that in a pinch a Mixer can be a 3500-5000 gallon water tanker. Like trash trucks, I have seen plows on conventional mixers. Might as well plow with them. You can't really pour concrete when its snowing.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

woops wrong thread, i meant to post my comment in the back ploaw vid
  7. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I can tell you that a mixer would be a killer plow truck. I drive one in Indy but not to plow with. These trucks just have a problem stopping when it is slick out though.
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

mixer for plow truck? hmmm. maybe your on to something.....
  9. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

I found a picture a few years ago of a front discharge mixer with a plow on it somewhere in Jersey, but to see it on video, CRAZY!! That has to be the utmost way of getting use out of a truck. Unreal!
  10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

sad. but expected

ran into a acquaintance with a construction company the other day. he didnt survive last winter. out of three new trucks f350 , f350 dump, chevy 2500 the only one the bank hasnt taken yet is the dump. guess the contracts werent enough to pay the bills. filed bk.
    perhaps he shouldnt taken on so many truck payments????????
    im kind of wondering why he didnt keep the payments up on the extended cab since he has four kids but i guess the dump he could work more.
    whats even worse is i had to evict his company from the office space for not paying rent and employees causing too many problems in the neighborhood last october. yes. i was the owner of the building.

all good. he already has another company opened under a different name. this will be is fourth company in seven years........