1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nsmilligan, Sep 17, 2003.

1. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

2. Santo

Santo Banned

I'll guess at least $20,000.00. That has got to be THE BADDEST BLADE AROUND. Talk about time management.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Hope Jerre doesn't see this.....

4. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Those guys have been at the last couple symposiums, haven't they ?

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Very nice looking piece of equipment. I wonder if it works as good as it looks? Time will tell as people buy them and put them to work. Mike :)

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I talked to these guys at the st. Louis symposium. Very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions and quoted me a price of (I think) around 8k on the smallest version of that plow.
    I later talked to a dealer attending the show who really liked the pusher boxes the company made but just thought those plows have to many moving parts for him.

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Forget the term "4 way" plow. That thing is an 11 way multi use tool. Very very interesting setup. I think ill have to get some brochures on that badboy.

Jay

8. SnowProGRES

SnowProGRES Member

How much time do you think those innovations might save over a regular pusher box? I think the only main advantage i see is that you may not need to dispatch pickups to do cleanup work in tighter areas., but that thing is still 10'+. If i sound like a simpleton its b/c im not an equipment operator.

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The advantage I see is being able to do a number of different jobs with one machine. While you may not save time over a pusher box, you've eliminated the need for a number of vehicles to do a job.

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have personally seen one of these units in action on a mid-sized loader.It was incredible.It would pay for it self in time saving in the first year easily.I was just totally amazed at how much snow it could move,and not lose a single flake.

Only thing I didn't like was the blade,and the wings are almost flat.It has no snow rolling action whatsoever which makes it harder to push,increasing fuel usage and wear and tear on the machine.I guess that isn't as much of a problem on heavier tractors and loaders.

11. nsmilligan

Here's another plow I'm looking at, the end plates are spring loaded when down, and you can convert from a pusher to an angle plow by pulling two pins and folding the end plates up

Bill

heavypa.gif

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Looks like a good unit from here. Strong and very use full. The road plow looked sweet:cool:

13. nsmilligan

The go-storm agrimaxx is $14,000 CDN or about $10,000 US, if anybody wants to run out and buy one.payup

Bill

14. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Steve, I checked out the storm maxx before the symposium and then got a first hand look there. Very impressive pc of equip if you have the Equip to run it. Lots of versatility. Like Wyldman said though your minimum is 10' so you have to find the places for it. In lot and clear plowing it's got to be awesome. Functionality of a box plow and a blade combined into one.

BTW Here goes Bill pushing the envelope again. Think we can get a sidewing on the loader too???

Jerre

15. James_Jimmy

James_Jimmy Junior Member

I guess it's not the same company, but seems similar to the plow on the Deere in this thread, no? (Scroll down about 2/3 of the way for the pics I'm referring to)