1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Occurence

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by cobraman, Dec 29, 2007.

1. cobraman

cobraman Member

I was out plowing a drive and a parking lot this afternoon and when stacking snow after I backed off the bladed would only lift a few inches to a foot off the ground. Would go back down but with no down pressure and twice the thing turn off completely. After a couple of minutes everything was fine again. Anyone seen this problem and what did you do about it?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model plow with what controller?

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Ive had similar problems and it was low fluid. Maybe give that a try.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. cobraman

cobraman Member

MTD plow with wired controller and the fluid is full to the line.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check your power supply, both sides hot and ground. look for loose attachments, poor connections, make sure it's grounded to the battery.

Does the motor run when it stops lifting?

You didn't list the vehicle if it's a Chevy is the 12 volt hot attached to the "jumper lug" in the red box in the power cable?

How old is your battery?

6. cobraman

cobraman Member

It's on a Ford and I just cleaned and greased the power connections last weekend. It is grounded to the battery. I didn't check the motor when it happened but I have to think it was working since it lifted partially. Does the system have a temporary overload cutoff if you push it too hard such as pushing a big pile of wet snow into a berm and then lifting it which is what I was doing and when it happened?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure if the weight overpowered the pressure relief.