1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Machine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JohnnyU, Feb 13, 2003.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Yea, its another Ebay find. I thought some might get a laugh out of it. It looks like it would bee to large to be "very movable around parked cars"

Homemade Snowplow contraption

[​IMG]

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I think my competition would point and laugh at me if I was driving that machine around town.:D Looks like it would do the job though!

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yeah,you'd get some stares driving that thing.Nice view from the cab though.Wonder what the top speed is like for transport ?

4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom Member

Does look a little wierd but it also looks like it is well built. Sometimes these home engineer contraptions can surprise you.

5. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

I think he is asking a bit too much though!...:D

One could get a good truck, all set up better for the same money rather than "The little red plow that could".

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I agree Gator, seems a little high for what it is. Wouldn't an old C65 with a 10' blade be a better rig? At least you could load it up and salt the whole K-Mart parking lot instead of loading it three bags at a time...

7. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Definitely one of a kind.

8. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

But......if your only doing K-Mart's, then its fine.....hahahaha ;)

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Its just a sidewalk machine, no? Would kick butt on city blocks probably.

10. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

BRL the ad says it has a 10' blade on it.....

~Chuck

11. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i think the machine looks pretty good.

if it is homemade, they did one hell of a job.

12. dillyolboy

dillyolboy Member

I highly doubt that is homemade. The college I attend has two of them which look identical to that. They use them to plow sidewalks on campus and some homeowner's city sidewalks around the campus. They do look funny but they seem to do a decent job. "It looks like it would bee to large to be "very movable around parked cars" I believe it turns on the rear wheels, giving it dang close to a zero turn radius. The one's I've seen had 5 foot blades.

13. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Just my 2 cents

It looks like a tractor with sheet metal around it . The drive tires look to small for a tractor but it look like a seat is facing away from the plow ?

14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I didn't read the ad, just looked at the picture here. I've seen similar units doing down town sidewalks, hence my comments. That doesn't look like a 10' blade in that picture, so it's an optical illusion to me LOL. I can't believe a 10' blade would only have 2 trip springs. They are zero turn which makes them highly manuveurable actually.

15. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Looks like a tractor with a fabbed hard cab and bodywork and a blade mounted on the 3 pt hitch. You'd be driving in reverse to go "forward". Nicely done if thats the case.
    Seller says its home made :waving:

16. MLB

MLB Senior Member

or might be a back hoe model with the swivel seat and rear controls. Can't tell from the pic which way the steering wheel is facing.

17. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I believe Toro makes (or made) a similar unit. Our town has one that the Parks Dept uses to sweep paths. In the fall, they put a leaf plow on it. A local body shop had a similar unit sitting in their lot too, but it had no cab, and had dual "rear" (front?) wheels on it, and a reel gang mower in the back (front?).

~Chuck

18. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

It looks like an old harvester. Looks like the guy took off all of the original equipment and put a plow on the front.

Jeff

19. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I think you hit the nail on the head jbelandscape. I think that's what it is to.

20. MLB

MLB Senior Member

duh, (me)

yep that's gotta be what it was:drinkup: