1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

interesting installs with pics

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 91AK250, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i thought i'd share some pictures from the last few days at my work, we did some intersting/funny/weird installs i'll just let the pics speak for themselves haha

8ft super duty XT, with custom wings and snow deflector, installed on a 2006 chevy 2500HD 6.0.

this is alittle to much plow for this poor truck, it literly has 4" of ground clerance with the plow up, from the ground to the plow mount...the ass end is so far in the air its scary.

we called the owner and said timbrens might be a good idea and we could install he said he would just crank his t-bars lol so whatever.. on the way out of the shop the plow mount scraped the floor...sad lol

heres a shot of our wings we custom make, i had to add some extra metal on the backside at the request of the owner as it will help catch snow well back draging...kinda a good idea i guess?

its kinda sad isnt it?

all done

2. 91AK250

this one had me scratching my head for the longest time, a 2007 dodge mega cab with a cummins...

we installed a 7'6" vee plow...how does that make any sense? it looks so stupid on such a big truck with such a little plow. but its what the customer wanted.

3. ProMac1K

ProMac1K Junior Member

Oh wow, ROFL!!

It's a simple explanation though. The first guy has more money than brains, the 2nd guy is more conservative and has more brains than money, but is so conservative that he doesn't use his brains! "After all I paid $40k for the truck, how can I afford $6k for the purpose of buying the truck." It happens to the best of us.

I guess it takes all kinds in the world, doesn't it........
  4. tojay22

tojay22 Member

im guessing the guy with the megacab just plows his house and thinks the v looks cooler than the straight.

p.s. the new boss lights look like they fell from the moon
  5. ProMac1K

ProMac1K Junior Member

LOL Yeah, but at least they're whiter and brighter! :gunsfiring:
  6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

poor chevy. even after cranking the bars to the max it will still be close to the ground... :(
  7. ProMac1K

ProMac1K Junior Member

Good guess, too!
  8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

The lights on those trucks are aimed at the moon too!
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I would imagine the guy with the megacab is aware that he is not able to hang much weight over the front of his truck without being grossly over factory specs. He was probably being smart by going smaller. He could easily add wings if he needs to go bigger.
  10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Wow and why come to mind?? Too big and too samll
  11. 91AK250

yeah i felt bad for that chevy, the poor thing was sagging so bad :(

the dodge, idk it just seemed very odd to me with such a long truck to add a small v ? maybe there was a reason idk but i know we didnt sell him or install any wings on it lol

about the new boss lights, i wasnt too fond of them to start with but i absolutly LOVE them now, much better then the old ones which i seem to be replacing daily. they are built better, have better light output and i think look better then the old ones but thats all personal opinion.
  12. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

agh, yeah, that chevy needs attention of some sort asap! How can you drive that like that??? I am not an expert but something is def not right,lol, suspension on a 2500hd like that, wow, at a loss for words, I have seen half tons not do that?
  13. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

LOL :drinkup: YEA THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH THOSE LIGHTS, installed the plow and didn't adjust them?!?!? haha
  14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

The Tim's do help alot. Ballast helps even more. Most trucks will sag like that with no ballast. I'd put atleast 500 pounds in the bed to start with.
  15. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What plow would you have put on that MegaCab?
  16. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I think that, it is a good choice for the MegaCab. They could of gone to an 8'2 V or VXT but the way I look at it is you can add length with wings but you cant take it off!
  17. 91AK250

i woulda went with a 8.2 v on the dodge myself...or a 8ft straight blade.

the pics of the chevy the headlights are aimed perfect..since the front sat down so far they had to be aimed up prety high to meet specs.

the pics of the dodge were in the middle of the install, the lights are the last thing we do thus they were not even tight yet.

you can drive that chevy just fine, just makes the ass end pretty easy to slip out even in 4x4
  18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Im not sure why that chevy sags so much. At work we run 9' Hiniker c plows on our 2500hds and they dont sag near as bad as that.
  19. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i agree it does seem like its sagging way more than it should.
  20. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Do you know if the owner of the Chevy was planning on adding ballast after he got it out of your shop? I don't see that you mentioned that - only the not wanting the timbrens. The right amount would make a huge difference, thus changing the angle of how his lights are aimed and ultimately requiring them to be reset as well.:nod: