1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Fisher Mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 2006Sierra1500, Apr 6, 2013.

1. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have to admit I said, what the hell and cool at the same time. Imagine the weight on that poor front end. That plow is going to stick way out there. I don't understand why guys like that don't just go with a normal Minute Mount. That push beam looks like it could bend without too much of a good hit.

3. 2006Sierra1500

Also, technically, isn't that illegal?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

No idea......

5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it is illegal

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Possibly a former municipal truck. They are exempt and like the permanent mount. It also may be running a municipal type blade using the Fisher lift setup. I have seen a number of these and quite often from Mass, where the law originated.

7. 2006Sierra1500

Read the ad...

Also has 9FT Fisher Power Angle Plow, prior to this year never had a plow

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I have seen that setup before on a town truck. They had a Falls road plow on it.It was on a F550

9. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes..................

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, that makes the boss mount look good

Its got to be 12-15 years out outlawed by now.

11. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

What's illegal about it?

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Picture the headset coming thru side window in a car crash. The first point of impact is the lift ram......guess what the second point of impact is?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Oh, I know what you meant by illegal. Aren't fixed mounts allowed during winter months or like Oct to Apr? Then after that you have to remove it? I always took off my Fisher head gear during the off season well before that law ever came out.

14. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

trucks after 1999 you cant have fixed mount that is what a fisher dealer told me.

15. 2006Sierra1500

I believe its trucks after 1994 that can't. Thats pretty much the whole reason the Minute Mount came out in 1994.

16. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

gotta love mass!! its amazing how restricted we are compared to other states....

i was just looking at this on craigslist this other day

17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

You guy's need to get out more.

You see a lot of trucks up around here where people modify old speedcasts to fit newer trucks, the worst one was over a year ago, I saw a 3 or 4 year old F150 that somebody stuck an old speedcast on it.

But I don't agree with those that do it, if they can't afford to do it the right way then they shouldn't be plowing.

Here's a local truck for sale, just listed.

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=471983103&Keyword=gmc 2500 plow

18. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i think thats a nice built setup but i would not run it unlees it was a dump

19. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Look's ok but it's functional, I see quite a few post 94 trucks running around like that one. I have a friend that's got an 8'-2" RT1 hanging off the front of his 99 Super Duty but he takes the lift arm/ram off in the off season and there's an Excursion running around with one as well.

20. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

There was a thread on here a couple years back of an 08 F350 for some town. Guy who posted it mounted the plow and said they planned on leaving the headgear on. That being said I think it was a first gen Blizzard, so there was no pump or any of that, just lights. It was a green XL if anyone else remembers it.