1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting CD on ebay

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ahaycoman, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

I bought one of these the other day and it's pretty interesting. There are a lot of really good ideas on the CD, as well as some pretty crackpot stuff. Anyway, for whatever it's worth, I thought it was money well spent and I've only looked at a couple of the things on it so far. On ebay--120+ SNOW PLOW & RELATED PATENTS ON CD - NEW Item number: 5568964936

2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

3. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

I am also somewhat confused. Are you attempting to build your own snowplow?

4. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

Sorry to have created such confusion with my post, since I had no intent other than to INFORM anybody interested that this CD was available. I did buy it myself and I have thoroughly enjoyed looking over some of the information that's on it, if for no other reason than to just appreciate the creativity and resourcefulness of the inventors. And according to what I've read in the little bit of time I've taken so far to look at just a tiny bit of it's contents, it's money I consider I've spent well. I couldn't care less if anybody else wants to buy one or not, I just thought you might like to know it's available--no other purpose. Sorry to have had my intent misinterpreted.

In the selection of topics that is available on it, there are several different ideas about many different things, in this case all of which have something to do with the subject of snowplowing in some way. This CD is a summary and explanation of the ideas which have been followed with a great deal of effort--enough to go to the extent of applying for and having been issued a patent for an idea--nothing less, nothing more. There are diagrams, drawings, explanations, reasons, speculations, etc....about aspects of ideas that people have had about better ways to construct equipment, accessories, modifications to existing equipment, etc...ALL OF WHICH HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH SNOWPLOWING.

As I said originally, there are a lot of ideas, some more practical than others, which may or may not help somebody to build on an idea for construction of something they may have been thinking about building but didn't know exactly how to go about it or maybe didn't even think such a thing would even be possible to build. Maybe something on this CD would help somebody develop an idea they already had or would give them an idea they could develop and build themselves or have built for them by somebody else. I don't think there would be any danger of patent infringement by building something for your own use, but then again not being a lawyer, what would I possibly know about that? I'd check it out first if I were worried about it.

At the very worst, it's made for good educational reading for me and at it's best it might inspire me to action in creating something of my own design, and no...I certainly don't want to build myself a snowplow--I already have all of those that I need--and I'm not trying to convince anybody else to build one either...sorry for that confusion.

5. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I was just asking. I didn't mean anything but that I was confused.?! I looked OK? Thanks for the info, too. Always nice to check stuff out with snow.

Jeff

6. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

you can search the patent web sites and get the same stuff

7. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

Sorry...after I re-read my last post I probably did sound a little defensive. I didn't mean to but I realize that I did. No reason for it and I shouldn't have...I apologize.

However on the other hand, I did make a brief attempt to do an internet search for similar information, but it began to look like I was going to have to sort through so much other stuff to get down to the nitty-gritty of what I wanted that I thought it was better to part with the few bucks and just make use of the information and enjoy the benefits from somebody else's hard work. And I admit that I probably don't know most of the best methods of using the internet either, but then I'm probably better off because I think I already spend too much time on the computer now. If I actually knew what I was doing it could turn into a real disaster.

Incidentally, while I was waiting for the CD to get here, guess what I did? I PLOWED SNOW!!!...for only the second time this year. Too bad it finally did quit snowing after a couple of days, but there's a chance for more in the next few days, although I'm not too optimistic at this point.