1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interested in buying a MD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Djchunter, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Djchunter

Djchunter Junior Member

I am considering buying a MD75 for my 2007 Sierra 1500 Crew cab (new body). I am looking for some helpful advice on pricing and dealers in the area. I know of one dealer near by in north ridgeville ohio but they seem to be hit and miss when trying to deal with them over the phone. Are there any other dealers in the greater cleveland area? What should I expect to pay for the entire plow setup? I wouldn't mind installing it myself to familiarize myself with the plow for future repairs but with my current work schedule I wouldnt mind just dropping the truck off either. Thanks for the help guys. Also if anyone has experience with this setup up on this chassis I would apprieciate it as well. Thanks
    Dave

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

DJ
    First consider what kind of plowing you will be doing. I sold one to a guy a few years ago for an F150, told him and had him sign that he was getting a medium duty plow, he swears it was for light duty use. He decided to start doing large lots with it and just destroyed the plow and expected me to warranty it. If your doing small work and not abusing the plow it will work great. As for your truck I have installed a few on without complaints.

3. Djchunter

Djchunter Junior Member

So would you think I may be better off with the HD75? I do mostly residental and some very lite if any comerical. (normally a fill in for a buddy on the comerical) I was just worried about the weight of the HD75 over the MD75 considering my truck is only a 1/2 ton, But at the same time I dont want to destroy the plow by over working/loading it.
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  4. Plowfixguys

If I were you I would get the HD! Put Timbrins on the front and some ballast in the back and you should be ready to go. I run an Air-Flo stainless 8 footer on my 1998 Z71 pick up with Timbrins on the front and about 400 LBS in the bed for 4 years now and haven't a problem happen.

Good Luck

5. spitmon1

spitmon1 Junior Member
    from Vermont

I run the HD 75 with no problems on my 1998 Silverado 1/2 ton. Timbrens on the front and 4-500 lbs ballast. has worked like a charm for 2 years. I agree, get the HD.
    Steve

6. Djchunter

Djchunter Junior Member

I spoke with my local dealer today and they said they would not sell me a hd series because it is to Mich plow for my truck but they would be more than happy to stick me with the Md. So now what should I do. They said my truck wont handle the hd because its only a half ton and would be laying on the ground
    Thanks
    Dave

7. spitmon1

spitmon1 Junior Member
    from Vermont

I would get opinions from some other dealers.

8. Plowfixguys

What are the specs on your truck, bed size cab and axle weight? If you go to SnowDoggplows.com and use the selector id you have a reg cab, 8 foot bed with the 4.8L engine it lists the HD for that truck. Im with spimon1 check out a couple of other dealers. I could send you one if you want to install it.........

9. Djchunter

Djchunter Junior Member

My truck is the Crew Cab short bed with the 5.3, its 3950lbs front axle rating accorrding to the door sticker. I may be interested in going that route depending on what shipping would be.
    Dave

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your local dealer won't install one because federal regulations prohibit it. The Snowdogg selector does not offer it as a choice. Notice Plowfixguys offered to ship it to you and YOU install it. I bet the local guy will sell you whatever you decide to install YOURSELF.

If you do decide to install a HD do a search and find the thread on how to gusset your front frame.

11. Plowfixguys

basher is right, with your body style and axle its not recommended. If you had the reg cab and the 6.5 box Buyers says you can install the HD

12. plowguy10

plowguy10 Junior Member

I can send you a md 75 snowdogg snow plow to your front door/ business. Very good pricing. If interested, please reply. We are a dealer out of Missouri

13. Djchunter

Djchunter Junior Member

Accually if you could, call me 440-342-2412 with a price for a MD68 for an 01 s10 I decieded to stick with my smaller truck. I would apprieciate it! Thanks
    Dave

14. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

N Ridgeville dealer was good by me last year. Paid them a visit; felt fairly treated; even got a few bucks for some old Meyer parts that were no use to me. Install wasn't an issue; might have preferred a bit more walk-thru of install/removal, but I figured it out with all the posts on Plowsite and some dry/warm days to play with it!