1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interested in a 22 Series Plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Chris-R, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I'm having a heck of a time trying to determine what plow to get for my new Toyota Tacoma quad cab. My problem has been the heavy weight of some so-called homeowner plows. Some of them are almost 500 lbs when you add the undercarriage weight into the mix. I was looking at the snow-way web site and it seems like the 6'8" plow is only 275 lbs plus undercarriage. This may be what I am looking for. Therefore, can any owners of 22 series plows tell me what they think of this plow and if anyone has bought one recently, what did you pay for it including the downpressure option? Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have had a 22 series for three years now (this winter is my third). I have nothing bad to say about it at all. I use mine in a light commercial setting and it has performed like a champ!!

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge With the 6'8" 22 series. I am currently running a wired joystick but have owned and run the wireless. I would still be running the wireless but I had a spot where interference was an issue so I opted for switching to the wired stick. As far as I know. I am one of very few,if any more with this issue, The int. was not caused by me it was a tavern with a wi-fi setup on the same freq that caused me to switch to wired. You would be happy with both.

I also have downpressure. Don't pass on getting it. It is very well done and on some of my small city drives where backdragging is the only option it is a huge timesaver. I also used it in drive to cut through a light ice coating. Took it down to the pavement.

I paid $4000 about 3 years ago installed. That of course won't help you with todays prices.

Get one, you won't be disappointed.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have customers pushing 22 series with Tacomas from one end of the state to the other(It's a real small state;))

Best thing I can say I I have one customer who has come back for another twoo more as they added trucks to the fleet. They replaced a Full size Pick up with an 8 foot blade with a crew cab tacoma and a 7'6" 22 series and have commented that " for what it does, it's a better match" Not that I think the two are in anyway interchangeable but for what they are designed to do. I think the plow is as capable as the vehicle.

I think you would be happy with this plow.JMO

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I received your PM Chris and sent you one back.

Thanks again for your interest in Sno-Way.