1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interchangeable lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 06CCSB, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 06CCSB

06CCSB Member

I currently have a Western plow with the old square headlights that runs the 11-pin harness (western part number 64100) and was wondering if I purcahse the new headlamps (Western Part numbers 28801 Driver side and 28802 passenger side) is it just a plug in mount and go!? or do I have to buy a new harness? My drivers are complaing that the headlights are dim and they cant see and am hopeing this will fix the problem.

2. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

I put phillips sliverstar (i think) sealed beam, in mine, they are much brighter then the regular square lights. They are a direct replacement And the just plug right in

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The lights you are looking at are the new Nighthawks and they will come with the new style indipendent light plug. If your plow has three plugs then it will fit right in electrically. But if you have two plugs at the grill you will have to gut the old lights and connect them to the new ones. it's much easier to just put in brighter bulbs. But the Nighthawks are great.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You won't get the harness if you purchase each light individually and you'll get less for your money buying individually anyway. So if you want to make the switch you want a 28800 kit which is both lamps and the harness. Much much more cost effective that way.