1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Interchangeability...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ETMegabyte, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ETMegabyte

ETMegabyte Member

I have a really dumb question. It's so dumb that I couldn't find an answer to it using a quick search (or maybe I didn't search properly - either way...)

My truck is a GMC 2500HD with a Minute Mount 2 HD 8' plow on it. Can I take my plow off and connect my father's MM2 7.5' SD plow right up and drive away (or vice-versa)? I dunno if it matters, but my father's plow is mounted to his F150...

How about MM1 plows? My understanding is that the MM1 plows have 2 electrical plugs total, while the MM2 plows have 3 plugs total. Is there an "adapter" between MM1 and MM2 plows?

Even if the electrical won't work, will the MM1 frame at least mount to my push plates?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yes the 7.6 and the 8ft can be changed with out any mods. As for the 2 to 3 plug set up. I know there is a kit to adapt them to a 3 plug. And yes a a mm1 plow should fit in the mm2 sub frame. I know my Dodge can move a mm1 but I had to remove my license plate to get it to fit.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

There are 3 different mm1 plows hydrolic 2 plug and 3 plug. 3 plug is 3 plug makes no difference weither its mm1 or mm2. There is no adaptor for mm1to mm2. but u can convert the truck or the plow to either with the correct parts. But always converting to 3 plug is the best way. MM1 and MM2 plates are the same.

4. ETMegabyte

ETMegabyte Member

Thank you guys, this answers a couple of questions I've had since I got this truck a little more than a year ago...

It's nice to know that the plows are interchangeable just in case either my father needs to move my plow (shudder - I'd hate to see his front end after trying to pick up my plow), or I could move his...

One of the reasons I threw in the question about the MM1 plow is that I'm considering a summer project taking part of a MM1 frame and using it as a mounting base to put a brush guard on the front of my truck for the summers...

Interestingly enough, the front plate bracket has already been removed from my truck before I got it, even though my plow frame sits far enough away from the bumper that I don't think it was required, so I wonder if the previous owner of my truck ever had a MM1 plow on it... Or maybe the dealer I got my truck from (who deals almost exclusively in trucks) swapped the MM1 plow that was on it for the MM2 plow that's on it now?

Either way, thank you gentlemen for your answers...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The interchangability of different plows is part of the beauty of my redundant setup. I have a Ford F350 with an 8' MM2 and a Chevy Tahoe with a 7.5' MM2. I recently had trouble with the 8', so I grabbed the 7.5' off the Tahoe and finished the storm with my Ford. Obviously a half ton will not like the 8' as much, but it will still work. Obviously having 2 1-tons or 3/4 tons makes things a little more effective for swaps, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!