1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

interchangablity??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bob Hall, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Bob Hall

Bob Hall Junior Member

Hey Gang!!!

Newbie here, so hopefully this isn't a real dumb question. I've located a complete Meyers mount on a Ford F-250 4x4 in the junkyard. The truck has a 91 cab, as identified by the stickers in the door jambs but, has a 92 or newer areo-style front clip on it; so I'm not sure of the year. I have a 97 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty that I'm trying to piece together a plow for. Will the lower frame mount fit my 97 even if the donor truck is a 91? If not a direct bolt in, does anyone have any experience adapting the lower mount from a 91 to a 97? Thanx for any help anyone could provide on this project... Later Bob

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to plowsite BOB:waving: If your dealing with an EZ-Mount classic, the year break on the F-250's is '87-'91 and then '92 to '98 so I think I'd find out for sure what year the donor truck is before laying out any cash.

3. Bob Hall

Bob Hall Junior Member

Thanx B&B... I guess the question now is, if it's a 91, how much fabrication is required to get it on my 97? Being new to the site and all, I spent the better part of the evening lookin' around in here. Wound up on the Ford Truck section.... Don't remember how many pages in but, found a thread of a similar nature. Someone said it should go on. Minor differences, like bolt hole placement, rather than major size and shape issues. Any thoughts along these lines? Thanx Bob

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it does turn out to be a '91-back truck, the mount can be made to fit but it does take some mods to get the mount on. If you have any fabrication ability or know someone that does you could still use the mount on your newer truck.