1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

interchangable?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dodge plow45, Nov 5, 2009.

1. dodge plow45

dodge plow45 Junior Member

i have a good deal on a 8ft western plow, its off a chevy and im just gonna by the plow and by the mount of wiring from a dealer.. will this work?

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

you better check the prices on mounts and wiring before yo ubuy that plow.. You might find that your deal isn't as good as it sounds. I ran into that a bunch and then i got lucky and found one that came off of a truck like mine. goodluck in your search

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what type of plow, unimount(pin on style) or ultramount(cam lever style).
    what type of truck? be specific.

4. dodge plow45

its a unimount, came off a 2004 chevy i think and is going on a '95 dodge ram 2500 with the cummins, its an 8ft straight blade

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unimounts are getting hard to come buy. new ones can be had, but are sold as parts usually.

should be a bunch of used ones out there. let me see if anybody has any new ones around.

6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

he could always just get the ultramount setup and then get the conversion bracket. That''s what I did with my truck so now I have options when it comes to what plow I can use

7. hhiggins

hhiggins Junior Member

I just priced putting a 8' unimount on a 99 ford f250 . For the mount , conversion kit ,lights and all the wiring needed it was at $1700 New .

8. dodge plow45

where did you get a plow that cheap? you got nymore you wanna sell for that????

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

He is just talking about the truckside stuff to make a unimount work with his truck. (i hope) If he got a whole new setup that cheap then i should have got vasoline with my purchase lol