1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifires not lighting up road

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Jan 11, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

My new big lights wont light up road.

[​IMG]

2. scot43

scot43 Junior Member

the first question is Why do you have a deflector on an X-blade. they are designed to not need it. i have an 8' 6" X-blade and have not needed one in 4 years.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

lower the blade just a little bit or make a spacer and raise the intensifires
    also everyone around here runs the deflectors on the xblade especially for roads/lots

4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I run one on mine out of necessity. It has made a huge difference as 90% of my plowing is roads

5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

You should fab up a piece of angle to go on top of that deflector to push it and keep it down. JMO

6. BigDave12768

Stacks snow higher is one reason. I think the other reason is once you own one. Every plow after has to have it. You dont have to get out of the truck so many times to clean snow out from under wipers.

7. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday Member

2 small chains on either side to hold it down seem to help with highway speed driving.I think raising the lights a bit may impair your vision.
    Other trick is 1/2 strip of metal the complete length of deflector weights it down but lets it stack.(bolt every 12 to 16 in or?) Chain could also be used with this method, but use hooks on the deflector for highway driving and disconnect for stacking.

8. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

If your totally disatisfied with intensifiers I'll gladly trade you for the older style.

9. BigDave12768

post was kinda of joke. I was doing 70mph in a 65mph. Thats rt24 in Randolph. It only pops up over 60mph. And I dont really do much highway driving with plow on

10. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I used mine for 4 years plowing everything there is to plow and never felt the need for one even after putting sno-foils on virtually every Fisher I ever owned.

11. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

It worked fine without it i guess, but honestly it works way better for me with the deflector as i have much less blowover now.

I dont have to get out so often and bang off my windshield wipers, and thats reason enough for me.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

o yea...then why does the deflector say x-blade on it?

13. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

Getting back on track here...LOL...we have two plows with the Intesifire lights and they are night and day to the old style lights...If you're not satisfied with those ya might as well get yourself a spotlight..!!...You dont like em I will gladly take them off your hands...PM me if ya wanna get rid of them!..

And now back OFF track...I put a rubber deflector on our plows before last season and again the difference is night and day...not cleanin the wipers off as much, not getting blinded by the snow spraying over the plow...I need to put a piece of flat bar across top to pinch it however...but overall pleased...!

14. scot43

scot43 Junior Member

I only plow streets and agree that on the older Fishers you needed one, the X-blade has not needed one plowing up to 25 to 30 mph.....