1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifire..... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by WreckerNut, Oct 26, 2009.

1. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

My buddy asked me today if the fisher intensifire headlights were worth it to purchase. I told him I was always a fan of just bolting up some extra fog lights to the headgear (yellow tints are the best). Figured I would throw this out there and see what people think. I just don't see the sense in spending 250 bucks unless these things are super fantastically awesome, when a set of hella fog light is a fraction of the cost (sure not as space age looking and super cool....:dizzy:) and works fine. Anyone out there have any opinion on the matter???

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Abso-******-lutley! There worth it all day long, and twice on Sundays! :D

3. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

Awsome! It is truely amazing the things they are doing with vehicle lighting these days. Kudos to Fisher for stepping up and using new technology.....
    RepoMan... are they brighter and crisper like these new headlights??

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes, within reason. They are on a plow after all. The only time I had difficulty with them was during the fist white out conditions I encountered with them. After a few adjustments, I never had a problem again. Any way you cut it though, there literally 100% better then the old style.

5. WreckerNut

WreckerNut Junior Member

Yeah the old style does kinda suck. I yanked a set of PIAAs off one of the stupid import low riders impounds we had kicking around the shop, and bolted them up on my headgear. Those work awesome. They are super bright and the yellow tints cuts down the whiteout effect. May have to snag a set of the Intensifires when some cowboy plow jockey smashes up his rig (or stop being cheap and cough up the dough!)
    Do you have to get a different harness for them? I'm sure that will be the next question out of my buddies mouth...