1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifire or Nighthawk Lense failures?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dsc, Feb 29, 2008.

1. dsc

dsc Junior Member

I have installed a set of the new style (Grote) Western Nighthawk/Fisher Intensifier headlamps on my Fisher X-blade about a year ago, I just noticed early this week that the lens tabs are breaking off. Who else has experienced this problem?
  2. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

have you tried taking the lens covers off?
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

some of mine on the bottom broke off because the lift arm hit it for awhile before i was able to make an extension on my plow light mounts, now they seem to be fine, kinda of a weak design IMO, but i love the lights!
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

5. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Thanks for the thread link. I haven't tried pulling the lights apart nor does anything contact the light. I got the same reply from the local Fisher/Western dealer, who said I would have to buy a new set then the old ones would be sent to the mfg. for claim processing. I'll consider repairing them if they won't warranty the lights.
  6. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

Hey I noticed one of mine was broken too but it was just one of the center tabs I just bought an 8 ft poly x blade this fall
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

By far the intensifires are a cheaper light. I hit a sewer cap yesterday and the back popped off it and cracked near one of the screws. Thank god I had allen wrenches with me to put it back together. Seems to me they should only offer them on the homesteader instead of the HD's
  8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

the ones on my 8 footer have been on for two hard seasons now with no issues.... but i have noticed most of the public works trucks that have them are missing the lense on the passenger side most likely form the windrowing
  9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats funny,I suggested that when you bought them but you claimed you had all sorts of clearance but what do i know:rolleyes:
  10. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

hey i just got a mm2 8ft hd plow and it has the old style head lights and talked to the fisher dealer the other day they said htey could get me the entire setup with wires for 160 and i would install them ... is it worth it? or should i just keep the old ones because they are more durable??
  11. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

they arent bad lights nice and bright just watch the clips I haven't had any trouble just one center clip snapped but the rest are all fine.
  12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have done that with both of my trucks which have the new style lights. It needs 4 screws holding the back on. Also the blubs aren't worth a crap. I have put silver star h13 bulbs in both of my plows. Makes all the differents. The Wideout when it trips, comes back so hard, that I blew out the head light blubs on the return.