1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifire lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Oct 8, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Anyone have the new Intensifire head lights? Are they that much better? Anyone know what they cost to buy a set to replace my older ones? Any mail order sites?

2. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Well they are brighter but i still have issue with the ice getting packed on the front of them. i live in very heavy lake effect snow area and they were constantly iced over last year.

3. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

They are a little bit larger, but definately brighter. About the same as regular headlights. I haven't had problems with mine icing over. I think I read somewhere on here that they are going for $300-$500 to replace older ones.:dizzy:

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

for five hundred dollars i think ill pass. i think id prefer to screw a set of car headlights to the plow frame right next to my OLD fisher lights and spend thirty..

5. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

Central Parts has the lights listed at just under $200. (See sponsor logos on top of page)

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Exactly.....i just ordered those along with a ton of other stuff for rebuilding my plow. I plan to put blue/high intensity bulbs in them. I paid $189 for the complete set, prewired so all i have to do is drill a second mounting hole, bolt them down, and just plug 'em in!! :)

7. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

the new lights are plug and play correct. same wiring and everything?

8. mcwlandscaping

yup!!!!!!!

9. mcwlandscaping

Got my intensifires today :) will post pics when they are installed on the plow when the rebuild project is done

10. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Keep in mind that the blue lamps are typically worse in snow, as that wavelength of light is reflected back easier than a cooler color temperature. You're better off going with high output bulbs that are closer to white. I had some of the blueish bulbs in a vehicle and they were great in summer, but once the snow started flying they were so annoying that I yanked them and went back to the white bulbs.

In all honesty, the best color to use for snow is amber, but I'm not sure they are legal in Michigan to use as headlamps.

11. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

Don't even think about blue headlights. The worst thing possible for snow.

12. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

mcw-Not sure if you mounted those yet but if you have a MM1 your gonna want to fab some bracket extensions(or buy Fishers) to get those lights away from your lift arm and to spread them apart abit.I usually just fab the brackets for customers(cheaper)You will also want to "slot" the oustide hole about 1 1/4" to allow adjustment from left to right.

13. mcwlandscaping

I didn't do that, but i may, right now they have about 2 inches of clearance from the lift arm which i'm pretty happy with and i really don't think they will hit.....definitely will see though

about the blue headlights, good point, i won't be doing them!

14. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!!!! Do not put blue/high intensity bulbs in there unless you just plan on driving around looking cool with your plow on and not plowing. Blue bulbs are the worst in the snow.