1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifire Lights Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Parrella35, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Parrella35

Parrella35 Junior Member

New to the site and can't believe all the interesting tricks and info on here!
    I have a 3-plug wiring setup on my truck with fairly new intensifire lights and I'm having an issue with only one light coming on. I bought these brand new last winter from Fisher and worked great. Last week I pulled out my plow and now only one headlight turns on, everything else works(directionals are good). I swapped bulbs and both bulbs are good. The harness does not appear to be pinched and is not ripped or torn anywhere. My question is does each light have individual power sources from the harness plug to the light, or does one light get power from the harness and then jumps power to the other?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Little more info-year and make of truck,is your isolation module 3 port or 4 port(not the plugs,the black box under the hood)which side is out,high or low or both.
    If it's a Ford or Dodge with 4 port module,find the #1 harness coming out of the module,follow it back about 6",you'll see 2 plugs with fuses and a third with a clip and jumper wire attached,that is a configuration plug,pull that out and inspect the pins and push it back in and make sure it's fully seated,i probably see 1 a year that backs out for some reason.

3. Parrella35

Parrella35 Junior Member

Alright thanks for some direction and appreciate the feedback, I will check that out. I have a 2004 Ford F350 with a 4-port module. Another curve-ball though, I just hooked up to my neighbor's plow with my same truck, and all his lights work no problem, so its looking like a plow-side issue.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Much easier scenario then. I would start with the connector. Peel back the sheathing and check for compromised wiring, as well as the pins....

Which light isn't working, and is it both low and high beam....or just one or the other?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is a wiring schematic for you to narrow it down further. If you look closely at your connector, there is numbers to correlate to.

[​IMG]

6. Parrella35

Parrella35 Junior Member

Thanks RepoMan, I appreciate the skematics, I am going to check it out tonight. The passenger side is the light that is out, both high and low beam...no light.

7. Parrella35

Parrella35 Junior Member

All set and have lights. Thanks again!

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

What was the issue?

9. Parrella35

Parrella35 Junior Member

The connector pin that powered the lights on the plow side harness was pushed back(deeper into the harness) so it wasn't making a connection to the truck side, resulting in no lights. Between excess dielectric grease and my bad vision, I couldn't even tell the pin wasn't flush with the others. I played around with that pin and it slid out a tiny bit, I guess enough for the lights lit up. Knowing what pin it was made it A LOT easier to diagnose, thanks again!

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sweet! Happy plowing.