1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifire light bracket extensions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by T&M SnowMan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I just bought the Intensifire lights for my Minute Mount 2 this past weekend and asked the guy at Tuck's Truck's how much for the light bracket extension kit....I almost broke my damn jaw on the concrete floor when he told me they sell for $90 F-ing dollars!!!...Where does Fisher get off with this highway robbery?!?!?!? Guy told me hes only sold like one set of these things...Dont waste your money...I didnt....So I went home and had some 2" angle iron (3/16" thick) hanging around, had just enough, so I made measurements for bolt holes on the new lights and drew up the brackets on paper, then cut from the angle iron and began to shape my custom light bracket extensions....I took a few pictures along the way and thought I would share with you all my alternative to ripping up $90 bill at a Fisher dealer...heres a few pictures ...
    View attachment plowproject5.bmp

View attachment plowlightproject3.bmp

View attachment plowproject4.bmp

View attachment plowlightproject2.bmp

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Nice work on the brackets. Never hurts to save some cash either.

3. T&M SnowMan

thanks, it was worth the 2 hours it took to fab them up. Sure beats spending $90 on $30 worth of parts!! If anyone is interested I can send the measurements for the extensions so you can make your own.

4. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Looks great! I see you have the triangle lift arm off. Someone mentioned the Intensfire lights would hit the triangle piece, did this get solved or?? Looks awesome!!

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Nice job, I agree what you needed is not really worth $90, but they can get it some people just can't be bothered or have the ability to fab what you did.

One thing to consider is you say $30 in material, then two hours of your time, depending what you think your time is worth $90 might not be so bad. It's that whole paying for convenience thing I Guess. Seems everything with plows these days are getting expensive. Which is good and bad in different ways

If these are your first set of Intensifire lights, your going to enjoy them. Makes a major difference. Best of luck

6. T&M SnowMan

yes, this is my 1st set of Intensifires, hopefully be around for awhile....I only have the lift triangle off the headgear because this year I decided to tackle the fun project of prepping everything on the plow and priming/painting. The triangle does not hit the lights, the people that hit their lights on the triangle are those who have the old style MM2 (like myself) and measure in 4" on their existing short brackets and drill a hole for their new expensive lights...then lift the triangle and proceed to breaking them into hundreds of pieces!...I took the lights before fabrication and put the inside light bolt in the old light hole on headgear and it will line up almost exact for inside clearance as do the old style lights. Im not "that guy" who would spend good money and then smash it in pieces...Im too careful for that..and I dont have a money tree...so if they break...the old ones are right back on..!!...thanks for the comments guys..I will post pics when I get the headgear and triangle, and plow all done with paint and assembly

7. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Do you need a light harness? I have one for a MM2 if your interested brand new.

8. T&M SnowMan

thanks, but the Intensifire lights came with the wiring harness/plug....thanks for asking

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Dude! you have a 28213K?

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Sent you a PM Ryan-

11. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

SOOOO Jealous!!!
    I want some Intenseeees..... awwww..... dangit!!!!
    If you don't mind me asking, how much were the lights? And were they direct plug-in replacements?

Thanks!

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

You can pick up the whole kit for around $254. There worth every penny. The kit comes with a direct splice kit and the plug an play one. You may or may not need the extension brackets depending on your headgear.

Kit 28800

http://www.langscornergarage.com/fisher_snowplow_parts.php

13. T&M SnowMan

I got the Intensifire kit for $230. Kit comes with the plug and play, it plugs directly into the back of an adaptor on the back of the bulb in the headlight case (one for the headlight, one for directional). Comes with all the hardware and a splice kit for older model plows as well.

14. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Well 230 seems like the best price so far.... others have said 218... but I havent been able to find 'em that low. Where did you get yours?
    Oh, and I have an almost new MM2 with the new style brackets.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Where did you get that. I am buying a used XtV with the old lights....

16. T&M SnowMan

bought them at Tucks Trucks in Hudson, right on Marlboro line....I also picked up a cutting edge last year from them, cant remember the price, but it was about $30 less then anyone else I could find...good people, good service...I reccomend them.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks! :waving:

18. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Are the lights you bought from Tuck's the new style with 3 screws holding the rear cover on? I just want to make sure I'm not getting the old stock if I buy from them.

Thanks

19. T&M SnowMan

as far as I know, they havent changed the Intensifire lights, its been the same since they started selling them. I believe it is 3 screws though, I will have to check tomorrow

20. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

The first ones had 2 screws holding the rear cover on, and they used a different adhesive for the lens assembly. There were quite a few cases of broken housings on those; that's why the change to the 3-screw cover, as well as a different structural adhesive. Hope you got the 3-screw ones.