1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifier lights...quick question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Raymond S., Oct 29, 2009.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I checked out Central parts for the intensifier lights and it said something about having to have the 3 plug style system, if I had an older 2 plug system I would need an adapter. I have a MMI w/ "3 plugs" to the plow (4 plugs in the isolation module.) I have read on here about 3 plug systems 4 plugs systems, etc., If I have "3 plugs" will these intensifier lights be a direct plug & play or is there an adapter kit I am going to need? I really don't know exactly the hole 3 or 4 plug thing is all about, can someone explain?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a system with three connections to the plow and an isolation module (3 or 4 port), the Intensifier lights are a direct replacement. If you have a system with two connections to the plow, and relays instead of an isolation module, then you need an adapter... Part #29033.

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Thank you for the quick reply.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

EVERYTHING IS IN THE BOX. Do not buy extra parts. Kit 28800 comes with EVERYTHING you'll need, including an extra harness that you won't use. Most guys sell them as there worth $127 separately. It will also come with explicate directions on where an what to splice along with the shrink tube, butt connectors, and zip ties.

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Awesome, thanks for the reply. What is the extra harness for?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

It comes with both style light harnesses. The one you are using is meant to be used for plows that have there control wiring and light wiring in the same harness, hence the splicing. By the way, If your not an electrical person, don't worry, follow the instructions to a T and it will look very professional. The other harness is for the plows that have 3 connectors; Power / control / lights. The Multi plex (HT, Xtreme V, & XLS) is the only exception to this as it has the power and control in one harness and the lights on a separate harness. In your case you'll be using the one that is pretty useless to anyone else. The one you can sell is a 28213K ( I mis spoke in my previous post, it sells for $100 - $120). I would set the price at $90 and it stick to it, it will sell.

Good luck, you'll love the intensifiers.

Opps, I just re read you initial post, were you have the 3 plug system, it is simply a plug and play.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  7. RepoMan207

from Maine

To answer your second initial question, the only difference in the "3 plug" vs the "4 plug" isolation module on your truck (Known as 3 port & 4 port) is on the 4 port, the harnesses that taps into your truck lights is separate, meaning you have 1 harness for your right light hookup, and one for your left. Were the 3 port has one harness that branches off and connects both lights.

8. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

ALready ordered them from Central (about 5 min. ago). Thanks for the heads up and the explaining of the 3 vs 4 plug system. I'm excited to get things rolling. I got my cutting edge yesterday, brackets made up for the old cutting edge to be a backdrag edge, and the lights on the way. I'll get some pics up sometime. Plow could use some paint but it will have to wait 'til summer. Snow's a comin'.
    Thanks again,
    -Adam

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

11. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Looks like a fancy piece of angle iron w/ holes. I think I could probably find something to fab up for that.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

several do.

13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Was wondering how your making your back drag blade. i'm interested in doing the same but dont know how to mount it.... thanks

14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The best way to make a Fisher backdrag better is to trade it in for a Western. :D

15. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

My intentions are to use 3 brackets that I made the other day mounted to my old cutting edge. The brackets are a hinge so to speak for the blade to pivot. I am going to weld 3 pcs to the back angle of the trip edge so not to interfere w/ the tripping action going forward. I have sleeves welded into this bracket for a 5/8" pin (1/32" clearance.) I will be able to take it off to replace the edge or if I just don't want it, by pulling 3 pins. I will get some pics up once I'm done. I did a search on here and there are several options. I actually printed a picture of one where a guy welded a round hinge basically to the edge of his old edge and the bottom of the trip edge. I am opting for a little different route in case it gets damaged or I want to remove it altogether.

16. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks, i looked at those pictures also.. i wasn't to sure on how it was done... i already talked to a welder and he said hell look around for a idea... im not sure on heigt to make this or if it matters... if you could i would like to see a picture. THANKS

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Adam, I would love to see some pictures of your process when your done.

18. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I'll get some pics up in the Fisher section once complete.