1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifier lights - hitting a-arm AHHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beatle78, Dec 19, 2008.

1. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

OK, I know there was a bracket for the Intensifier lights. I just fabbed my own angle iron cross bar b/c the old one was bent and I drilled the outer 2 holes the same distance apart as the stock lights.

So I measure in 4" from the outer holes and drilled my holes. As I mounted the lights I looked and say ohhhhh nooooo. Sure enough it hits! ARGGG....

So I'm going to make another cross member and just make it 4" wider on each end.

So what did I do for now since I have 1' of snow on the way?

I used PLYWOOD.... Redneck plowing baby!!! I'll post pics soon.....

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

OMFG.....Beatle, don't take offense to this, but you really should of got the brackets....$45isn't anything compared to the BS your going through now bud. There already set up for short and long bracket spans and account for the reverse as well as the forward angle headgear. I'll be looking for those pics later. LMFAO It's not to late man.....Go get um, Part 28330

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey repo I bought a set of those brackets last night. They would be useless on a older MM2 or a mm1. I made a set for Dodge when I had the Patriots plow that is listed below. Thats is a 2nd year mm2 plow. They didnt make those ears wide enough to accept the double bolt set up of the intensifires. So you have to go wide and out. The brackets fisher sold me last night only went out. So the triangle will not raise if you try to fit them on the older plows. I went down to Grant steel in Holbrook. Was pointed to a pile of scrap steel I could pick through. $15 got me the piece that they cut in half and worked perfect as 2 brackets after I drilled 4 holes.. An 8 inch bracket thats about 4-5inches widde works perfect. Mine was 1/4 inch steel too. Slap some black rustoleum on it and your good to go.

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

My bad I just noticed your link I got a different set

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

This a 96' MM1 with intensifiers and brackets......they bolted right up with two drill holes. And thats a no fail because you have the bracket mounted to the existing bolt hole prior to drilling. All the ones I have installed have had inner and outer holes in the brackets to be able to move them in & out, and as it clearly states in the directions, there is a variable for drilling a third set of holes for the even smaller head gears. I know guys aren't supposed to read directions, but c'mon. :nod:

l1.jpg

6. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

no offense taken!

I had to make a new bar for the top anyway since the original was bent and I can't have that! :) I figured I would just drill the holes I need and then mount the lights..... oops

We have a blizzard right now.... I'll get some pics tomorrow in the daylight!

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I was just about to say, I have almost 4" on the ground here and it's not letting up yet....and I'm not even in the line of direct fire like you.

8. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

im about to do this to my mm1 i guessing you just spliced in and had no problem? i tried to buy the lights localy and they told me it would cost about $1,000. so i just ordered them

9. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i just got these today... my mm2 already has 2 mounting holes drilled in it any one know if ill still need the brackets?

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

no, no brackets needed Kyle.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

The lights come with a new style pig tail with butt connectors, shrink wrap and implicit instructions. It's a no brainier, but I recommend reading the directions twice threw before crimping them up. I messed up 1 out of 11 that I have done. I forgot to slip the shrink tube onto the wire before crimping....talk about a ******** move. :eek:

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

i
    A grand?? For what?? Pats and install?? I spent $232.00 for the 28800 kit, shipped to my door from a dealer.

Who ever that was had NO clue what they were talking about I am afraid.

13. ColliganLands

thank you. thats exactly what i thought just wanted to check
    gonna put them on in the morning i hope
    im really excited about them and my new shiny sno-foil

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I need to get a sno foil myself......you go rubber or metal?

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Word of advice if not aiming them in a garage or similar. Make sure to bring your 3/4 socket and a ratchet your first time out to fine tune them. I had them perfect....that is until it snowed, It was like a white out, I had them alittle to high.

16. ColliganLands

i got the metal foil.
    thanks for the tip on aiming them. im going to pull up to the garge door and aimt hem center on there so hopefully they'll be pretty close.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

awesome, post a pic when your done!

18. ColliganLands

absolutely

19. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

No joke about the aiming thing. I don't know why, but it seemed like it took about three outings plus adjustments to finally get those to stay where they were aimed. Fine now!!
    Yes I know righty tighty lefty loosy. Maybe I scared to overtighten. At any rate, be prepared to adjust those lights on the fly.

20. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I just ordered a set of these from CPW for my 2004 F-550 has a 01-MM2 setup had a light explode and wanted to upgrade figured nows the best time too.payup