1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intensifier light stud broke

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Nov 15, 2013.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in the process of putting my plow back together after I painted it.After using a ton of PB blaster I broke one of the mounting studs.What is the best way of going about fixing it?

2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

See the thread I started a few weeks ago. Waiting for the other guy to update with his final pics but hasn't happened :(

3. chevyzrule810

I was able to grind the stud flat and weld a piece of threaded rod and it worked so no taking apart the lights

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Ah, great idea!!! I think I would have that done next time rather than the hassle of disassembling...

5. chevyzrule810

I did open up the lights and saw what you were talking about.I was able to grind the stud flat down to the square part of the stud and welded a piece of 7/16 threaded rod and painted all of them gold with some spray paint I had in the garage