1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by youngbuck, Nov 21, 2005.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck Junior Member
    from ohio

im sure this qustion has been asked a hundred times but is their anyway to get my insurence cheeper. i 19 and have had two accadents. i was thinking about puting the truck in my moms name. my insurence company already told me they couldent cover me bec of the two accadents. i need all the input you guys can give me thanks.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Honestly only one thing to do - forget about commercial driving (includes plowing), then be careful to avoid any more infractions or accidents. If you're fortunate, by the time you're 21 you will be in a position to look into insurance. Right now, I doubt any insurance company will even consider it. Tactics such as putting the vehicle in your mother's name won't help. Most commercial policies strictly dictate who will operate any vehicle.
  3. schuitb

schuitb Member

Micks right.. keep your nose clean for the next 6 years and you will have a perfect record... I used to be an insurance broker in ontario. Accidents are on your record for 6 years and any vehicle ticket(speeding, stop sign, follow too close are tracked 3 years from conviction date. Your best bet would be to ride shot gun in a plow truck and pickup knowledge and skills that way.. of course you would operate a shovel and a blower too.. ;) Insurance companies can just say no for commercial risks they don't want. under 25 and accidents is just such an example..
  4. frostservices

frostservices Member

I have never had a poblem getting commercial insurance I`m not quite 25 and I have had a commercial policy for 4 years no but I have a perfect driving record and never had a claim either so i`m sure that helps I pay 700 a year for 2 million liabilty. Lets hope they will cover if I ever have a claim which I hope I never do.
  5. Maybe brush up on your spelling a bit....;)
  6. Spudsnowremoval

Spudsnowremoval Junior Member

Who writes your commercial policy? I am just beginning, my search. Any info would be great.

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Your 19. You probably live at home and own next to nothing. Insurance is for people with something to loose. ( aside from what you need legaly ). If your sued they won't get much if anything. But, worse case the court could put a lean of sorts on your person that could last your life time until paid off.

Don't put anything in your mom's name - she has much to loose!
  8. frostservices

frostservices Member

My Agent is with western insurance services but Erie Insurance Group is the company that provides the insurance.
    I also Have Commercial Auto as well as Liability coverage with them.