1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dirtboy953B, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Hello,I am currently working as a sub and it seems like every year I get more and more calls on people who want me to clear there lot's,I am wondering what type of insurance you guys carry? and what it typicaly cost?? ect... Thanks

2. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Best thing is to contact Erie ins ansd ask them.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Commercial Vehicle
    and
    General Liability. Each needs to indicate "Snowplowing".

With all the equipment you're listing, I'm surprised you are even asking. You should also know that cost is very dependent on individual circumstances and the type of accounts you service. Contact your current agent.

4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on the jurisdiction you will need:

AUTO INSURANCE,

for the plow truck, that has a plowing endorsement. Plowing is generally excluded unless you specifically request it to be added to the policy. That will cover things that you can bump into, people, cars and buildings.

AND

General liability policy
    or
    Completed operations policy

This will cover the 'work' you do.'How well did you plow and salt the lot'

the 'slip and falls'
    the 'I slid on the ice and damage my car 'cause you didn't salt the lot'

Find a broker thast understands commercial policies, try and stear clear of the homeowner policy brokers. If they give you a blank stare when you say general liability policy, find another broker.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

he probably doesn't have one! :popcorn:

6. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Oh but I do,for my excavating buss.But I was wondering what you guy's have for 'Slip and Fall" insurance I am getting ready to renew and I want to make sure I have what I need

7. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i cant believe that the people you sub for don't require you to have the proper ins, i make the subs i use give me a copy of their certificate