1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snowman79, Oct 9, 2008.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Well the job im in now im thinking about letting go. Im a gym floor installer and our company travels a lot...gone for months at a time..and even though the pay is pretty good it doesn't make up for missing out on a lot of family affairs, and never seeing old friends, etc. and living in hotels and out of a suitcase isn't for me. The question i have is my buddys dad owns a landscaping company and his son and i want to start to grow and get bigger. They dont offer health insurance and we were just wondering what we can do about that? Just get our own packages or can we get a small company type health insurance till we get more employees...what do you guys do for health insurance.?>
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I pay for a family policy from Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It covers the wife, 2 kids and myself. It's not cheap but I have a pretty high deductible so that my monthly premium stays manageable.

Here in Minnesota the state requires all health insurance providers to be non-profit so I have very few companies to choose from. Hopefully where you're at you will have more of a selection which would probably drive your price down.

Go to ehealthinsurance.com and you can get free instant quotes.
  3. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

thanks, i have Blue Cross Blue Shield right now...through ehealthinsurance.com but i was wondering if there was a way to get an insurance plan for me and my buddy with having the company pay for it. As a type of benefit. Otherwise the way you suggested was how we were going to do it.