1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by skissi01, Sep 7, 2008.

1. skissi01

skissi01 Junior Member
    from USA

I am looking to plow this winter commercially and residentially but it is the first year I would plow for other people. I need help on what I need, I don't know if i need both GL and commercial auto? I need some help here on what I need to cover my ass in case of a problem. I'd also like to know a ballpark price range on this. No more than 25 accounts, mostly residential. Thanks for the help guys!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes and yes on insurance. Plow 1 or a 100 if you do it for money you best have insurance.Price depends on a lot of things type of truck how much you think you'll be making your credit score find an insurance broker so they can shop around for you and make sure it states right on the policy "snowplowing"

3. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

We need like a insurance agent to come onto plowsite and write up a sticky post about the in's and out's of insurance for plowing. Seems like every hour someone is asking about it.

4. skissi01

skissi01 Junior Member
    from USA

I'm trying to get a rough idea to see whether it would be worth it. If the income would be less than $10,000. Are we talking a few hundred in insurance or thousands. I would be insuring this for like 4 months. Please give me rough estimates.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A lot depends on the area that you live.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

in NJ it would be in the thousands.....