1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 76CHEVY, Aug 10, 2008.

1. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

I am looking for a new insurance company. I was wondering if any one in the Detroit area has a good one. I am just a small guy doing 4 or 5 places with the chance to do some sub work. I'm in the Madison Heights area any info would be great.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Call around to insurance brokers and get a couple of different bids.What maybe good for one company may not be good for you. And make sure the policy says "snowplowing"

3. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I'm going with J.J. O'connell & Associates., Inc. They are out of Birmingham, gave me an awesome quote as soon as I am able I will be signing a policy. Shoot me am email to moonlightsnow@att.net ill send you all their contact info. It can't hurt to check around too though.

4. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Give Greg Hoezee a call he is with HRH Insurance .He has the best rates that I can find, plus he will help you get the coverage that you need. His direct line is 616-464-2734 Just tell him Tim Johnson from West Michigan Home and Lawn sent you.

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

my policy says "street cleaning" and they wrote my auto coverage also

6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I have American Family on my stuff. I pay $500 a year for commercial ins on my ih single axle. Thats just liability, which includes plowing, salting and hauling for hire.

7. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Try to find a Pekin Insurance agent. You might be suprised !!