1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurance?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by terrapro, Oct 23, 2006.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

what kind of insurance do you guys have to cover plowing/salting needs

2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

$2M general liability policy and $500k commercial vehicle liability policies on the trucks.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I have a commercial policy for my truck general liabilty for business and plowing.Also snow plow liability that covers me if say I don't clean the lot properly and someone slips and falls I am covered.
    How many of you out there have the slip and fall coverage?

Just was curious

RCGM
    Brad

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

:waving: That would be pretty ironic if I said I didn't. Actually, I'd given mine up last Spring when I said I was quitting. Called the agent to get reinstated and got the policy signed today. It was kind of a surprise, cause she said they usually don't reinstate for someone who cancels in the spring. But I had a good record and a good reason for cancelling (poor winter) and good reason to reinstate (several people quit in this area including the big outfit) as there'll be some good potential out there. Full coverage truck and $500,000 for slip and fall (General Liability).

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Yes mick I would of been shocked if you said you didn't have it.

I would of said Dudley Do right doesn't have it :D

Take Care
    Brad

7. Nancy Waller

Nancy Waller Junior Member

Hi, Same thing happen with my husband, He didn't renew his general lability for snow plowing. Uses his pickup truck to plow a church lot. Now the insurance company will redo it but up the cost and wants all the money up front. Looking for insurance in NH

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow this is flippin old!

I like my agent and I have someone I can sit down and look at while talking to them. Plus she WILL find me better rates if I want them.